Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, my '72 has pin style wiper arms and I haven't found a compatible blade in silver that does not rely on a bulky adapter. In other words, Trico has a blade (33-122) that adapts to pin style arms and is not a direct fit. They call this their "Classic".
I bought a black colored no-name blade (shown below) and painted them a stainless color but they are a "bridge-style"...... I don't like the look.

The arms are nice and true stainless, I'd like to stay with them.
So, questions are: were pin style arms original and does anyone know of a simple, original looking, direct fit pin blade?
Thx, guys

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Mark. I wonder if they are original?
I might have to go to a more common bayonet style arm however if I can't get a better looking blade

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
I keep notes on things relative to my 68. I don't know if they are still available but this is what I
recorded when I bought wiper blades.

"NAPA classic, PN 60-1647, refill is Napa #60-1612 also try Trico part# 43-160"

·
Registered
128 Posts
Alf, I have the same wiper arms which came on my 69. I have Anco blades on them from the late 70's. Thanks Onecarnut
for the refill info.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Can you just replace the rubber insert? I replaced the insert on my 67 with 13 inch Trico from Oreillys

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Onecar and Rudy for the real good leads. Initial search for the Anco's did not turn up much but I'll keep looking.
There is a Trico 33-162 that looks promising.
Thanks Zonie but it is the metal part of the blade I want to replace. They are too "bulky" looking.....I think

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Alf . . . . . . keep me posted . . . . . your's looks way better than mine :
# 1 arms just like yours - - with a "pin" ( 69 Nova).

Then - - this , for New Blades - - they broke installing them - but, I
still used them . I hate 'plastic clips' .
# 2 - - broken clips wired together .

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jim, yes, yours and mine are the same....I just painted mine. Thanks for confirming the pin style arm.
Found the blades like Rudy's but they are $20 ea. I'm not sure I want to put forty bucks into a pr of blades. Pondering that one,

·
Premium Member
1,887 Posts
How much are you spending on your daily driver every year...the blades on your classic is worth the money in the long run as you may not need to replace them as much, right?

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dont, thx for the Rockauto reminder. Looks like they have a sh*tload of blades but they don't have the Trico 33-162 and I'm pretty set on that simple looking blade.
Dave, regarding the price, by the time I pay tax and shipping I'd be looking at $50. Given the recent change in the economy (and what that has done to me), fifty bucks is a bit more than I want to spend for something that will never be used. It's an "appearance thing" but I do appreciate your point.
I'll probably find and old pair at a swapmeet and I'll rehab them.
Thanks, everyone.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Jim, yes, yours and mine are the same....I just painted mine. Thanks for confirming the pin style arm.
Found the blades like Rudy's but they are $20 ea. I'm not sure I want to put forty bucks into a pr of blades. Pondering that one,
John . . . . and, that's why I DID wire the drivers side 'blade' like I did - - - - - - "They were Brand New" . . . .
so, I just used them . And, until lately , I would DD my car - 'rain & shine' . I even think I still have some
junk original wiper units from my car - - - - but, can't find any 're-fills for them' .
Plus, at this "current time" - with all that's happening - $ 50 , can be better spent …….. may be a smart move.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Alf, I have the same wiper arms which came on my 69. I have Anco blades on them from the late 70's. Thanks Onecarnut View attachment 402693 for the refill info.
Hi Rudy . . . . I think I still have those same "Blades & arms" as your's .

Hey Buddy . . . . . . I hope all is good around your place ? And, how's u'r 69 coming along . . . . .

Be safe out there , for sure . . . . . . everything good here in Az. , just been windy . . . . . . . . jim

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey, Jim, like those blades you got there. Found wiper arms and refills at Classic Ind. and Ground Up, look to be bayonet type but may be something to check out when the time comes. Had a 57 Chevy with wipers that broke. Would have to tie a string to driver side wiper arm and run through vent windows once I got in, hook ends together then swing blade while I drove when it rained. Nova wipers worked a lot better! Everybody hunkered down here, but working on parts and pieces of car in basement as rest of the body is getting ready for paint. Shop has been making steady progress. Was out around to Grand Canyon and other parks last Summer and it always was windy or breezy, hot but comfortable, not humid like it gets here. Glad to hear things are good there. Stay safe, too.
Rudy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts