Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry I didn't post a picture with this question but i forgot the correct name for this part. Its the plastic housing on the passenger side of my carb, has the spring and rubber diaphram inside. Mine finally broke, and would like to know name of a possible parts place for it. thanks

·
Registered
179 Posts
What kind of carb do you have? If its a Holley, the electric choke housing is black plastic and will have terminals on it for wiring. There is a clock spring inside. The vacuum secondary housing is usually aluminum but sometimes plastic and it has a regular spring and diaphram, a rod comes down from the diaphram and links to the 2nd set of butterflys. Hopefully this info will help you determine what it is.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a rochester carb. You guys are great, thanks.

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I thought the name was v/secondary housing, but I cant find a picture of it by itself other then the one I took on my phone. I remember changing one out several years ago on another nova but can't remember where i got the part from. Correct mine is plastic, I'm hoping napa has one.

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
Sounds like the choke pull-off. :D

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
SIMPLE EASY FIX, I WOULD THINK FOR A ROCHESTER CARB, YOU CAN GET THE REPAIR KIT AT YOUR LOCAL PARTS STORE! :cool:

·
Premium Member
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
'choke pull off '. I'm going to pick up 2 of them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts