Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1965 2door HT Helena, GA 31037
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided to go ahead and install the headlamp adjustment screws and nuts but can't remember which way they go in. The Assembly Manual is useless for this.
Which is the right way as shown in the photo? Do they push in from the front or the rear? Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,864 Posts
Hi Sam

The "white adjuster clips" go-in like your BOTTOM clip ....... that would be - installs from the back. The 'little white bars , keep the clip located after you install the seal-beam ...... so they won't pull through the hole.

make sense .... :D

So, when you install the adjuster screws , a little 'wd-40' sure helps.

Hope you are doing good and staying busy ....

.... :waving: jim

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, I gotcha. That makes total sense. The nuts are gonna be a tight install but manageable. Got slowed down with fighting a cold. Sore throat, upper chest congestion but getting better. This is the first day out in the shop since last Thursday. It's 88 degrees and a light breeze so I couldn't help myself, I just had to get out. Thanks for the info as it's just one more step in the right direction. Sam

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,864 Posts
ok

I think that the bottom 'clip' goes at the "TOP" .

The whole unit should rotate ... most of the time -- the spring is at / or near the lower side. Then, that also makes --- Those units --- Right or left sides depending on your mounting points on your 'core support'.

(lower side : meaning ... like (for the spring) ... about :

L/F spring @ 7 - 8 o'clock

R/F spring @ 4 - 5 o'clock

bye ....

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info Jim. Actually, on the '65 the orientation in the photo is correct. If you look at the photo, over to the left of the bottom alignment screw nut you will see a hole. On my '65 a screw goes through that hole and secures the headlamp assembly to a bracket which in turn mounts to the bumper filler and the grill. I've got all the nuts pressed in and the bucket is ready to go when my car comes back from the body shop.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts