Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
COPO caps...

This "handle" got attached to these primarily because of the 69 COPO Camaros...most of those cars had the steel wheels with the dog dish caps. They were simply the base, no frills hub cap that came on many Chevy cars of that era...call 'em what you want; dog dish, COPO caps or pie pans...it's all the same thing....and yes his price is a little high. I understand there are repros out now....

less is more...wilma:D

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
I have a set of those, I use them as bolt holders when I am taking my cars apart.

·
Premium Member
1,035 Posts
copo caps and copo cars

I dont understand why most people think that copo cars were only the ones with 427 BB Camaros, Chevelles, Novas. All the cars had to be ordered through copo even your granny cars. The copo hub caps as they are being called now is just a gimmick to try and get more money for them. Tom said it all they were put on all the cars unless you ordered up to rallys or factory mags. I ordered a 69 SS and I thought the salesman had put it to me when the car came in it had the copo, dog dish, small hub caps, poverty caps or what ever you want to call them on it. I didnt order up for the better wheels I was young and stupid, but back then you could go and buy some after market chrome wheels that was cheaper and looked better. BOY that was the good old days glad there gone. Life is good now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts