Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Well I will be attending that show next year just based on the name! My aunt and uncle lived in Baton Rouge for 5 years in the 70's so I know about Coonass Rednecks!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I will be attending that show next year just based on the name! My aunt and uncle lived in Baton Rouge for 5 years in the 70's so I know about Coonass Rednecks!
Randy put's on the show in April now.They had a real good turnout this year with about 400 cars and trucks.You won't be dissappointed

·
Premium Member
1963 Chevy II wagon 400
11,867 Posts
Nice sedan !!!!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That has got to be Funky's old car. If not it is very close to it.:yes:
That's what i thought.It looks better in real life than it does when it was posted on Nova site.I waited around hoping the owner would show up, but never got to meet him.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Funny to hear the coonass term, its been a while. I lived in Slidell, LA as a kid and still have family in Baton Rouge, etc. I think we had family friends from Hammond. Is there still an Alligator farm there?

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Funny to hear the coonass term, its been a while. I lived in Slidell, LA as a kid and still have family in Baton Rouge, etc. I think we had family friends from Hammond. Is there still an Alligator farm there?
The car club that puts on the show(CoonAss Redneck National)is the Two States Rodders Car Club( Louisiana/Mississippi)Hence: Coonass/Redneck.
I just looked on line and they have an Insta Gator Ranch in Abita Springs.As a kid we used to go to a snake farm near Baton Rouge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts