Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the opinion on coolant for LS swaps. I haven't heard a lot of good for the orange (dexcool?) coolant. I was planning to use the standard green coolant, but was also considering the waterless coolant. The only downside to the waterless might be if you need to fill it in a pinch. Thoughts?

·
Premium Member
2,814 Posts
I haven't researched any in particular. I put Dexcool in my LS engine. Haven't got any miles on it yet so I can't say either way.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Interested as well. I have a c10 LS swap with factory radiator and green coolant.

I am torn on what to do in my Nova swap since I'm going with aluminum radiator.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I’ve had dexcool in my Silverado for 12 years and 180k Miles with no problem. So I am using it in my LS.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a radiator shop tell me to use green with my aluminum radiator. The waterless seems like a good idea, but if you gotta top it off on the road, what would you use?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
In the late 90s early 00’s General Motors engines the dex-cool would do nasty stuff. I’ve never really seen any issues with it in the newer LS family engines. Having said that...I don’t run it. And every vehicle that comes into my shop usually leaves with the good old green ethylene glycol in place of dex-cool.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts