Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine finally done... 489 BB ... 692hp @ 7000 /580 ft pd @ 5200 .... what convertor do i put in it now... 3.9 diff gears with 28'' tall tire... TH400 trans.. street car no plans to race... just go a tight 5000 ...

·
Registered
913 Posts
The best idea is send all your data to a professional. Nobody on this site can tell you what converter you need. It’s based on your engine, car weight, trans, driving style etc

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rule of thumb i always thought was 2-300 rpm above peak ft pd.. but that's for racing so you get out of the hole at 5200 rpm in that peak torque range.. maybe different for boosted or spray cars.. Sunday car so either way

·
Registered
43 Posts
rule of thumb i always thought was 2-300 rpm above peak ft pd.. but that's for racing so you get out of the hole at 5200 rpm in that peak torque range.. maybe different for boosted or spray cars.. Sunday car so either way
I agree with the other guys. send a copy of your dyno sheet and rest of required information they as for and you will have a torque converter as close to perfect as you will get. Personally, I use pro-torque, converters. Custom built for around $600.00.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts