Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure what is going on. I bolted the brackets for my 9" boooster ( which are slightly angled) and tried to bolt up the booster and the pedal rod hit the firewall ( below the hole about an 1/2 inch). Is the hole on the firewall a different diameter for factory power brake cars or do I need straight brackets for the booster?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Is there another hole inside the car at the pedal?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have the brackets bolted in and the booster push rod still hits the firewall. Maybe I should shim the top bolts with washers,therefore tilting the booster slightly forward?

·
Premium Member
3,819 Posts
Did a conversion, drum to disc, on my 68 recently.

There are two mounting holes on the brake pedal lever.

I had to move the rod from the top setting to the bottom setting.
It works fine after I made that adjustment.

Also, I went with a original style booster as my standard shift clutch pedal would hit the bottom of a 9" booster.

·
Registered
988 Posts
What hole on the pedal should the push rod connect? I will send a picture later.
I did my conversion acouple years ago and the rod is moved to a different! Hole than the manual brakes so whatever hole it is in now move it to the other hole sorry cant remember if it was upper or lower hole

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, as seen in the pictures I cant get the rod to the pedal at all. the rod from the booster hits the firewall just below the opening. I really think that I was given the wrong mounting brackets due to the angle of the booster. I know the booster should have a slight angle to it, but the angle is so severe that it will not position it corrrectly to guide it thru the hole allowing the rod to be mounted to the brake lever.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would check where you bought the booster for fitment in the second picture the boot should go upto your firewall the space you have to the bracket looks to short your rod should go in the hole easily

·
Registered
988 Posts
I would check where you bought the booster for fitment in the second picture the boot should go upto your firewall the space you have to the bracket looks to short your rod should go in the hole easily here is a old pic I have to try to show the angle of booster

1 - 14 of 14 Posts