Chevy Nova Forum banner

41 - 60 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
5,310 Posts
[/IMG]

I am in the process of changing engines, installing air ride rear and AC.

Ken
Ken, your picture link did not work. I'm also in the process of swaping out the 6 for a 327. But I've had other car issues with the family cars so the 63 Nova project has had to back a back seat. :( Check out the thread" project 63 engine swap has started" that's mine.

:ragtop:

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
Very Nice!! :yes: What radiator is that you have in the Nova?

:ragtop:
Thanks - It's a blast to drive. i picked up the radiator from Rudy at Modern Performance Classic. Not sure of the manufacturer. I am having some cooling problems. I ordered a spacer to move the fan closer to the radiator and hopefully that solves the problem.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Forgotten 62

Has anyone else run into this problem? Every time I seem to be looking for replacement parts for my 62 convertible, they start at 63 thru 65 and leave out the 62's. Is there a chart some where that lists parts that will interchange from year to year? I understand that some parts are 62 exclusive like the grille and emblems but some of the other parts must interchange.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Has anyone else run into this problem? Every time I seem to be looking for replacement parts for my 62 convertible, they start at 63 thru 65 and leave out the 62's. Is there a chart some where that lists parts that will interchange from year to year? I understand that some parts are 62 exclusive like the grille and emblems but some of the other parts must interchange.
MJ40, didn't you already create a thread on this? There's no need to post it twice. Everyone sees it when they hit the "New Posts" search command and you'll receive many more responses as a THREAD.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
'62 & '63 convertible parts all interchange
as well as most of '62-63 Oldsmobile F-85 , Buick Skylark & Tempest convertible parts , such as the top frame , rear windows , top latches , rear seat and I believe the rear arm rests :yes:
Impala and Cadillac use the same top latches , Impala visor supports look very similar but are different ( they will work )
Chevy II / Nova , power top & power tailgate , use the same switch & knob
schwabie

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
THAT CAR IS LOCAL HERE IN CALI, IF THAT'S THE SAME ONE. GOT A EARLY VETTE MOTOR CHROMED OUT IN IT! I GOT OTHER PICS OF IT TOO! :yes:

41 - 60 of 229 Posts