Chevy Nova Forum banner

201 - 220 of 229 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
My 63 SS in progress

Just got this one in June. Trying to get it ready to drive for the first time. Still a ways to go but it will be worth it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,698 Posts
I know that Datsun very nice car is that your's or a friend ....vert looks great too.

I also own a 68 Datsun 2k
Never met him before. That person drove up as I was taking shots of my car at an abandoned chevy dealership. He was taking fotos of his car on the other side of the building. He mentioned he was part of "Z Car Garage". You can probably see more fotos of the car on the website.
But yess... that Datsun Roadster is legit!
Random for two 63's (Foreign and Domestic) to be taking photos at the same time and location. It was pretty rad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Canadian Convertible

Maybe I should post this somewhere else but I recently bought a 1963 Nova SS convertible in amazing condition and totally original. It has a power top, and the numbers state it is a true SS convertible with power top etc. It appears the 283 in it was installed by the dealer in 1963. The engine and trans were totally rebuilt 3000 miles again. I know it is original as I had an 63 SS as a high school kid in California in the early 70s. I plan to leave it stock only thing I did was give it a new rebuilt 4 barrel and bigger radiator to cruise in Reno where I live, put some BF Goodrich TAs on it new shocks, etc... My question not that it matters as I love this car,since it is a Canadian Car is it worth less? I am pretty sure that this car has 106,000 original miles on it since bought it from the original owner.

·
Registered
505 Posts
would be very interested in the dealer installed 283.
that would be super rare
do you have any lit on the conversion.

Maybe I should post this somewhere else but I recently bought a 1963 Nova SS convertible in amazing condition and totally original. It has a power top, and the numbers state it is a true SS convertible with power top etc. It appears the 283 in it was installed by the dealer in 1963. The engine and trans were totally rebuilt 3000 miles again. I know it is original as I had an 63 SS as a high school kid in California in the early 70s. I plan to leave it stock only thing I did was give it a new rebuilt 4 barrel and bigger radiator to cruise in Reno where I live, put some BF Goodrich TAs on it new shocks, etc... My question not that it matters as I love this car,since it is a Canadian Car is it worth less? I am pretty sure that this car has 106,000 original miles on it since bought it from the original owner.

·
Premium Member
4,598 Posts
did you buy the car from Canada :confused:
The Canadian Cars were Acadians , the equivalent to a Nova SS from Canada would be a Acadian , Sport Deluxe , it has totally different grille tail lights and body moldings to name a few differences

do you have any documentation of the v8 install , that's some interesting stuff :yes:

do you have any pics of your nova

Craig

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just got this one in June. Trying to get it ready to drive for the first time. Still a ways to go but it will be worth it.
would be very interested in the dealer installed 283.
that would be super rare
do you have any lit on the conversion.
What I s always been told is that dealer installed option were nowhere on the VIN so if there is no paper work that came with the car that would be a hard one to prove. Looking up the codes on the block and hardware would help.

·
13,791 Posts
Maybe I should post this somewhere else but I recently bought a 1963 Nova SS convertible in amazing condition and totally original. It has a power top, and the numbers state it is a true SS convertible. My question not that it matters as I love this car,since it is a Canadian Car is it worth less? I am pretty sure that this car has 106,000 original miles on it since bought it from the original owner.
I would say it's worth slightly more, because you can get GM Canada documentation proving what it is. This is not available for U.S. cars. They also only built 1759 Nova convertibles in Canada in 1963, so they're pretty rare. Almost 25,000 were built in the U.S. There is no breakdown from either country on how many had the SS option.

The Canadian Cars were Acadians , the equivalent to a Nova SS from Canada would be a Acadian , Sport Deluxe , it has totally different grille tail lights and body moldings to name a few differences Craig
It's a common misconception that the Acadian was the Canadian Chevy II. In reality, both were sold in Canada from 1962 thru 1967. In 1963, the Nova SS convertible was available at Chevrolet dealers and the Acadian Beaumont Sport Deluxe convertible at Pontiac-Buick dealers.

Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
63 SS Vert

Bodywork complete. Mixed in a little avocado green to the primer so its not so boring to look at until I have the dough to paint her.....

201 - 220 of 229 Posts