1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I'm not a fan of tubular arms, it seems the bushings are always in question and most companies cannot get the geometry right...This is straight from my local front end guru who does alignments on many Stock/Super Stock cars from all over the Northeast..

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
The only reason I did it was for weight reduction, but that didn't work out with the Global West stuff--there are much lighter alternatives available. As to the alignment issues, these have much better geometry, and handling is improved over the stockers. At $100 per lb. of weight reduction, look elsewhere! I've seen some pretty nice chromoly pieces out there.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well AVOID the moly ones if ya EVER wanna drive it on the street. Those light ones crack very easely on the street 2 or 3 sharp turns and they crack. I have the BMR's and while there is very little weight savings, they help a bunch with getting better camber and at anything over 135-140 it's needed !!

The stock stuff is fine to 130 or so....but anything after that I'd go aftermarket. But that is just me.....SAFE/FAST...cause you can only have 2:cool:

·
Registered
456 Posts
Something to keep in mind is front end travel. i lost almost 2 inches when I went from stock control arms to tubular TRZ moly ones. Car works even better and 60's alot better than before, just had to adjust the tuneups.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts