Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have these or used them before?? I'm thinking about getting them for my '68 cause the belts just lay there in the middle with no retractors. Just wondering how they attach to the console and where the belts actually clip to them. Pics would be great,
Thanks,Ken

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I think only the Camaro had the belt pocket in the console I know my 69's retract on one side and the other usually ends up under the seat.LOL!

·
5,134 Posts
I have two different styles, neither are attached to a console right now but I took both out of Nova's. One is a "cup" style the whole buckle sits in another has a plastic tab that the buckle goes in as if you were connecting the other end of the seat belt. It doesn't snap in or require pushing the button to release. I remember the cup style going on the back of the console and the tab style on the side.

·
Registered
871 Posts
There was a clip for each seat belt that rivets to the console but beware after awhile the console will crack. I filled the holes in on my console the brackets were both broke. Sorry I don't have any pictures. I think J+W nova has a reproduction set avaliable.

Jason

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
Yeah, they're the ones. I got them at J and W.
You mean they bolt or attach to console with a hole that you make for them, right. Not sure if I wanna screw up my
console doing that. Thanks for the info, that's what I was talking about. I wasn't sure how they installed into console.
I thought they just clipped under the lip.
Ken

·
Registered
871 Posts
If you take your console shifter plate off and look at the back on console you will see a metal cross piece that is were they were mounted on my console with a rivet. Like I said in previous post I removed them and filled the holes and fixed the cracks. but they looked just like the ones from J+w nova. I know what you are thinking it kind of bothers me to they just lay there in a pile.

Jason

1 - 6 of 6 Posts