Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a factory 4 speed car without a console. I have read about a hump in the floor, mine does not have a hump. Can anyone tell me if I was to purchase a original console will it work OK or will the shifter be too low? Thanks

·
Registered
423 Posts
the console will sit higher obviously but i dont think it should get in the way of anything, the hump itself isnt but just a couple of inches tall, you should be ok but i may be wrong

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
The hump actually holds the console in place (it screws to it) and the shifter will need to sit more to the center, so you will also need to use the correct shifter. I have 2 4 spd cars one with and one without a console and it comes in handy for referencing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
.. and the shifter will need to sit more to the center, so you will also need to use the correct shifter.
so does the shifter mount in a different location more to the center, or is the shifter arm bent to be more centered?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
so does the shifter mount in a different location more to the center, or is the shifter arm bent to be more centered?
The shifters both mount the in same place with the same mounting kit, from Hurst, but the actual shifters are in a different position. This link has a pic of a console style shifter and you'll notice it comes up to the center. Post #24
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33630

1 - 7 of 7 Posts