Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
Not always.....Does it have brackets for a console?

They also had bench seats for the 4-speed as well.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I always thought the hump were console cars, my 69 without the console has no hump and the car with has the hump, and they list 2 different shifter with and without console. I've never read 2 different listing without a console for the shifters and the hump changes the position of the shifter.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always thought the hump were console cars, my 69 without the console has no hump and the car with has the hump, and they list 2 different shifter with and without console. I've never read 2 different listing without a console for the shifters and the hump changes the position of the shifter.
Yeah, that is what I am trying to confirm. I didn't think anything of the hump until I was browsing around in a catalog looking at interior stuff and noticed that not all cars got the hump.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Yeah, that is what I am trying to confirm. I didn't think anything of the hump until I was browsing around in a catalog looking at interior stuff and noticed that not all cars got the hump.
See if you have 2 holes about 6-8" in front of the hump that may have held the front bracket for the console in place.

I don't ever remember seeing a finished carpet with the hump, like trim piece or something. I would say it's a console car.:yes:

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Look at the heater box under the dash, console cars had an extra piece that redirected the air flow so that prevented the air from discharging into the leading edge of the console.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Wow I have never seen another 68 nova with 745 interior besides mine. This is a picture of my heater duct, which is a console car with the gauge package. What is your original exterior color gold or sequioa green? Hope this picture helps.

Jason

1 - 11 of 11 Posts