Chevy Nova Forum banner

Which would you do?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally about finished with the console I modified to fit in my 62 convertible. I think it turned out kinda nice. I want to enhance it a little with some kind of emblem. Below are pics of it without any emblems and then the 3 options I currently have. I'm not crazy about the "CHEVY II By Chevrolet" grille emblem. It's a little too tall for that spot. I could cut the By Chevrolet off but I don't know. The second is a bow tie emblem from a console. I would mount it beside the cup holders. The 3rd option is a Nova 400 glove box emblem which matches the one on my glove box. I think I like it the best with Bow Tie second. I thought I'd ask opinions (or create a poll if I can figure that out) before I drill any holes or glue anything on.

Finished console no emblem yet.JPG Finished console with Chevy II.JPG Finished console with bow tie.JPG Finished console with Nova 400.JPG

·
Premium Member
2,010 Posts
I vote none...but it is your labor of love and do as you want. You will figure out what looks best for you.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
655 Posts
do any GM consoles have any kind of script? i know the chrome one for my '63 has none.

that is a slick piece by itself, IMO. nice work.

-Rusty

·
Registered
423 Posts
The 'none's' all agree (of course) and I wouldn't argue with nun's. Too many ruler bruises before I learned.

Here's a suggestion you might consider......try it for a while without any emblem and give it a chance. If it comes to pass you prefer the subtlety, great! No harm done. But if you add an emblem now and then later feel its 'cheesy' (my word) you're likely stuck with it.
But really, as 67 Nova Boy said, "..it is your labour of love and do as you want".

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now y'all gt me leaning towards just the Bow Tie. It's an original console emblem although it goes on the wood grain panel that fills in the front when you don't have gauges. Good thing about the cup holder is it is a separate removable piece my son printed so if I really don't like it he can make me a new one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts