1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hell ya man!!! Congratulations on that 6! I know you have been wanting it for a long while haha

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Was hunting that 6 second pass for forever! Yes I was excited. You should have heard me in the car. I don't yell much or get excited too often in a very loud way. I was very vocal. That 6.984 was enough for the night.

Now to chase the 6.70 or so that the car needs to find in clutch/suspension tuning!

Bob, Art, Frank, Steve, Art and Frank's brother (sorry I forgot the name!), everyone who was there, I couldn't believe how great you guys were. Frank, I couldn't have gotten the stupid clutch problem fixed without your help. Art, that video camera is AWESOME! Bob, I can't believe you drove all that way with your girlfriend who doesn't like cars, just to not race your car! It's your turn to get the bottle turned on and go too fast. Steve, I'm holding you accountable to that 3 weeks you said till you're back at the track! SNS guys are great!

·
Premium Member
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was hunting that 6 second pass for forever! Yes I was excited. You should have heard me in the car. I don't yell much or get excited too often in a very loud way. I was very vocal. That 6.984 was enough for the night.

Now to chase the 6.70 or so that the car needs to find in clutch/suspension tuning!

Bob, Art, Frank, Steve, Art and Frank's brother (sorry I forgot the name!), everyone who was there, I couldn't believe how great you guys were. Frank, I couldn't have gotten the stupid clutch problem fixed without your help. Art, that video camera is AWESOME! Bob, I can't believe you drove all that way with your girlfriend who doesn't like cars, just to not race your car! It's your turn to get the bottle turned on and go too fast. Steve, I'm holding you accountable to that 3 weeks you said till you're back at the track! SNS guys are great!
Aron this camera is way cool, aside from the nitrous kit this was the best purchase i've done this year. Here's your second best pass of the nite, which i believe should have been another 6.98. Look close at the launch and you can see it spun the tires a bit plus that pop at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NrmO1aCEo8

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Aron this camera is way cool, aside from the nitrous kit this was the best purchase i've done this year. Here's your second best pass of the nite, which i believe should have been another 6.98. Look close at the launch and you can see it spun the tires a bit plus that pop at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NrmO1aCEo8
Yeah, you may be right. There's also the fact that I had 3* less of timing! Trivial, maybe, but I think that hurt me in there somewhere! Art, you guys are great, thanks for all the help and support.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Congrats on a great looking run! I've always liked your car (nice color). Do you mind updating me on your current combo?

They're never fast enough are they...

What kind of camera was it? It took some good looking video.

·
Premium Member
2,367 Posts
Aron, it took a lot of effort, including changing the entire rear end :eek:, but your attitude and determination are a great example for all of us. Congrats! :thumbsup::thumbsup: It was a loooong drive home, but glad we stayed for your last run.:yes: Hope to see you there June 28 for the Summit series.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Aron, Congrats on the 6 you have been after that for a while. I wish I could have been there. :yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Yeah, I didn't think that the gear change would help mph. The car still leaves lazy though. Couldn't have been done without your help, Mike!

Dennis- We'd have all loved to see your car race. Looks like the wife won! How soon till it's out there?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Do you mind updating me on your current combo?
No prob, and if you saw the car in person you'd see that it's just a little faded...

383, Edelbrock E-Tec 200's worked by Joe Sherman. 287-TKN-7 (I think that's the grind #) 259/268 @ 0.050", .645/.648" on a 107 LSA and a 104 ICL. Proform 950 redone by CSU carbs, 1 3/4 Hedmann's to a 3" x-pipe and bullets at the axle. Clutch is McLeod Soft Lok that I need to tune to my car better. TKO redone by Liberty's Gears that shifts FLAWLESSLY at rpm with my foot mashed! This outing the rear end was a 4.56 that I borrowed from bowtie0069. I will get that car to leave hard eventually. For now it did a lazy 1.62 60 foot. With that mph the car should be good for something in the 6.70's at least. I'm launching at 5200 and shifting at 6500

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
Dennis- We'd have all loved to see your car race. Looks like the wife won! How soon till it's out there?

Well after my little trophy run on my street (that she witnessed) and some statements from my kids friends that witnessed a couple of events. "You need a roll cage". Unfortunatley we are under construction and all the cash is going to that right now. I need to get a couple of side jobs that she wouldn't know about for the cage. My buddy is a welder and he will take care of me with fitment and welding.

I put an EFI unit on his boat and he gave me a nice 850 non-marine carb and the fab time. If another guy comes through on an electrical job and a couple of other things, maybe a month or 2. :(:rolleyes:

I sure wish I was there last night.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Wow, I'm sorry to hear that. The track officials told me that I needed a roll cage. Twice. then I got one.

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
I could live with that...I figured I would make a few launches and mild passes and then go for it and depending how fast it went, get my invitation to leave. But the wife has another agenda. :mad: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I could live with that...I figured I would make a few launches and mild passes and then go for it and depending how fast it went, get my invitation to leave. But the wife has another agenda. :mad: :rolleyes:
how quick do you suspect your car will be? wanna race heads up?

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
How did it feel with the 4.5's? Any possibility of sticking with that gear? And spray?
with the 4.56 gear it felt quick. like i went through the gears super super quick! i'll get it to hook, it's just a matter of figuring out WHY it isn't hooking right now. I might need to consult someone who actually knows what they are doing so i stop shooting myself in the foot!

nitrous will occur when i'm satisfied with the 4.56 gear and my suspension. then i go back to a 3.73 and hold on tight!

·
Premium Member
3,758 Posts
how quick do you suspect your car will be? wanna race heads up?
I don't really know what it will do, it all depends how it will hook. I would hope for 11.0 but I'de hate to say it and be slower, but that's the way it goes.

Yes, I would love to race you. Nuttin better than 2 Novas going at it. I do still have some things to do. If I would have gone last night, I would have had a Mickey Mouse TB switch. I need a button... Little things, but nothing I couldn't have lived with... I just wanna run the car.:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
when you run that 11.0 or so (hopefully 10.xx) you will be happy you put all that work in it. I haven't gotten there, but just getting to this 6.xx pass I got really excited. Put a SBC in it and you'll go faster!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts