Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been studying the wiring diagrams extensively and can not for the life of me understand how the coil is being powered when the key is no longer in the start position! I have a pertronix 3 coil and pertronix 3 dizzy. I have my dizzy wired to the pos and neg of coil as the instructions state, now the pos on the coil should also go to the ign position of the key should it not? There shouldn't be any wire going to the starter at all from the coil am I correct? Where is the signal wire for the coil? What color is it? where is it located on the bulk head connector? And will it have power in the start position? I know there are simple answers to this and I am not seeing the trees through the forest!! Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link! The wiring diagram I've been going off of (from a 63 acadian manual) doesn't show the white orange purple wire at all!:no:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What would happen if the white orange purple wire just went straight to the coil? Would there be a voltage drop? Looks to me from the schematic that wire becomes black purple inside the car and is linked with the gauges power. Is the wire at the starter solenoid relay controlled on the leg it is wired into?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts