Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

I have completed upgrade #1 (200-4r), and upgrade #2 (CPP front disk brakes, 9" power booster, front and rear swaybars).

The test drive went nicely. WIth the 1-1/8" front anti-swaybar, the Acadian was taking turns like a Vette (almost...lol).

The disk brakes and power booster performed well beyond my expectations. I am very happy with the way the upgrade brings the car to halt in a New York minute.

So I picked-up my daughter for lunch before she had to go to work, and after that, we took a nice little drive in the Acadian. Guess what, she loves the car now too.

On my way back from her place, I came across this little beauty. It is a 1973 Nova Custom With rag moon roof and hatchback. I waved at the driver to pull over, and he nodded approval.

Meet John, he has owned this 1973 Nova since he bought it new at Galles Chevrolet (Galles has owned many of the cars that the Unser Family has driven over the years) here in Albuquerque. He told me the story how, after buying the Nova, he and his wife took a trip to British Columbia, Canada in the summer of 73.

He has the original engine, but he's running now a late model LT1 and 700-r4 transmission. It was blue originally, but later re-painted it to Sunset Red. The car needs a new paint (bleached from the merciless New Mexico sun), and he has other plans for as well. it has bucket seats, console (it is not the older's 3rd generation model's longer version, but a short type of console). He has replaced the hatch door already due to corrosion with a Ventura hatch door no less.

I was in awe of finding this cool Nova driving around. He is actually from Taos, so that explains why I have not seen it before.

I told John about SNS, and gave hime my phone number and email address to maintain communication. John is a Vietnam veteran and former Marine as well...:thumbsup: What a rare Nova indeed....:D:D:D

GerryLP:cool:

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Cool story! So that means I'll be seeing you in June? :yes:

I went to a car show on Saturday at the Air Force base, there was an outrageous t-bucket there. It had a 572 cid engine with twin blowers, yes I said TWIN blowers!! That thing was a total monster! The guy had postcards made up of his car, I'll see if I can scan it and post the picture up. It was stated to have over 1,000 horsepower, it did have wheelie bars but I don't supsect it's ever been ran down a track due to lack of roof or rollcage.

·
Premium Member
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool story! So that means I'll be seeing you in June? :yes: ....
Aimimg towards that goal.

Last Friday almost took care of me for the whole month event-wise. My top boss thought of sending me to Texas for a whole month...but apparently, it was an emergency then and by now it means that I am no longer needed. So that was close...:(

GerryLP:cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts