Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering purchasing a complete body hardware kit as I'm finding my lack of hardware and concern over using correct hardware to be a big source of build anxiety.

Would this be a ginormous waste of money? I'm sure I could painstakingly search out what each piece of hardware is supposed to be and purchase piecemeal at local hardware stores, but would it save me that much to do so?

Anyone that has already purchased such a kit got any input as to where I should buy from? I like the look of ground up's kit, but I know classic industries also sells one.

Thanks,

https://www.ss396.com/nova/70NB.htm...nversion_product_id=19657&cartype=nova&year=0

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought the Classic Industries (N1307) set. Everything bagged and labeled. There are a couple of places in town that I could have picked up most of the hardware but I honestly don’t know if I could find everything or would have thought of everything that’s in the set. Sure beats spending the time sorting and cleaning up the original stuff!

Well worth purchasing!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds like it's definitely the way to go and I've got my pick of vendors. Thanks.

·
Registered
382 Posts
The fasteners will be similar to the original but won't have the correct head markings if you are doing a correct restoration.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the classic industries set and the packets are well labeled and easily legible. I'll have use for even more of it than I originally though. Was afraid I'd buy it and only need half of it, that isn't the case.

I do notice that many places where my factory assembly manual says washers are used the packets don't contain washers. I'm not sure why the discrepancy, but overall I'm happy with the purchase.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts