Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I have the four-spoke Oldsmobile version in my car right now. Hub fit fine, but I never did get the horn operating. It may, or may not be a big deal... just one of those things that I was going to do "someday", and "someday" hasn't got here yet! ;)

I am plannig to go back to the stock wheel for a different look.

EDIT: Greg... did I send you pictures of my red interior? You can look at those pics to get an idea. Hub on that wheel is the same as the hub on the comfort grip, and it is a pretty good match for the column diameter.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Yes, I believe it does. That wheel as shown does not mount direct to the column. There is a hub that mounts to the splined steering shaft, and the wheel mounts to the hub using 6 screws (note 6 countersunk holes in picture of wheel above). You need to buy the hub, horn button, wheel, and horn button hardware to have a complete comfort grip set-up. Not sure what you'd need to do to the OEM horn button in the column to make it work with the wheel... I never got around to making mine work.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Let's dig up a REALLY old thread.

Ok, I got the wheel, button, and hub. The hub's too small, in both height and diameter. I got a 64-65 corvette wheel hub, on someone's recommendation. Should I just get the 69 Nova wood wheel hub instead?

I just installed this very wheel in my 66. There is specific hub that will work with that wheel the same hub that will adapt the factory wood wheel to the steering column and will also cancel your turn signal. I bought mine through Year-One along with the canceling cam for the turn signal. It also comes in a kit which gives you the horn button as well. All of this will set you back a Franklin but be careful not all years are the same the 66 and 67 are different I am not sure about 65-66. Good luck I really like that wheel it is very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just installed this very wheel in my 66. There is specific hub that will work with that wheel the same hub that will adapt the factory wood wheel to the steering column and will also cancel your turn signal. I bought mine through Year-One along with the canceling cam for the turn signal. It also comes in a kit which gives you the horn button as well. All of this will set you back a Franklin but be careful not all years are the same the 66 and 67 are different I am not sure about 65-66. Good luck I really like that wheel it is very comfortable.
PM sent.....

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Glad you brought this up again Greg, I'll be trying to do the same soon.
I have an Olds sport wheel and the hub I have is too short as well.
Let us know which hub fits a 1st gen column with the wood or sport steering wheel.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Glad you brought this up again Greg, I'll be trying to do the same soon.
I have an Olds sport wheel and the hub I have is too short as well.
Let us know which hub fits a 1st gen column with the wood or sport steering wheel.
There are a couple of possibilities I'm looking at, and I should know within a week or so.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I did find the right hub, for anyone else who wants to do this. It's a DII cv05-m118. I don't know for sure what application it is. It 'could' be for a 68 Skylark. I'll get in touch with Chevy II Only, and they'll look it up for us. It came from Rudy at Modern Performance, but of course, he thinks it's his super-secret squirrel steering hub, that no one else can know about.:rolleyes:

Oh yeah, it will have to be drilled for the cancel cam, and I'm not sure what to do with the horn button contact yet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts