Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the car show this weekend and noticed some colors that were new to me. You know the Cadillac white that is sort-of semi-matte...I think they call it diamond white? I saw some colors with that same finish only in gold and orange, but that same sort-of glowing semi-matte finish. I know I'm doing a lousy job describing these, I'm sorry, but the owners were not around to ask what the colors were.

My question is, how are these colors done? Are these like regular paint with lots of pearl or what? Is this something so specialized that it really cannot be done outside a custom paint shop?

Thanks for any advice,

Dave

·
Registered
818 Posts
According to our friendly Cadillac dealer, they are a 3 stage paint. First is color, then the pearl and third the clear. No guarantee this is actually fact.

·
Registered
818 Posts
According to our friendly Cadillac dealer, they are a 3 stage paint. First is color, then the pearl and third the clear. No guarantee this is actually fact.

·
Registered
818 Posts
According to our friendly Cadillac dealer, it is a 3 stage paint. First is color, then the pearl and third the clear. No guarantee this is actually fact, but there must be a reason it is a $995 upcharge.

·
Registered
62 Posts
you are correct it is a tri coat usually requires 2-3 coats of pearl which is the mid coat, I like painting these but it is usually a bear to panel paint

1 - 5 of 5 Posts