Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently restoring my car which has about 80k miles on it prior to disassembly. I have a chance to purchase some F41 springs with 40k on them.

Should I just keep what I have or go with new (or newer) springs? I like the stance of my car the way it is and I don't want to change it. Also, for all I know, there is nothing wrong with my current springs. I'd like to only put this together one time . what would you do? Is there a way to test springs or should we figure that with 80k miles, they are fatigued? thanks for the input!

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
The F41 springs are going to give a harder ride, and they may even raise the front of your car, depending on what your car is equipped with, compared to what the car they came out of is/was equipped with. At the factory, the spring was selected based on the suspension type, and the equipment on the car, so, not all F41 springs are the same. A plain jane car with F41 suspension (although true for regular suspension also) received a lighter spring rate than a fully loaded car would have.

Randy (get the idea?);)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts