Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a TCI Mustang II front clip January 2010 and it was about a year later before getting the 1966 back on the road.I know the instuctions say to drive the vehicle at least 500 miles before making a determination about cutting or replacing the Coil Springs to get the front down.Well it has over 400 miles on it and 1 1/2 years of sitting and the front end has not settled very much and the passenger side sits a little higher than the drivers side.When talking with TCI Reps they said the date i purchased the kit was close to when they went from the 300 to 350 LBS springs with the Green Dot.Just wondering if they might be mixed matched Springs?The front end of the car is very stiff when driving and i would prefer a softer ride.I am by no means bashing TCI as i am perfectly satisfied with the Kit it's just the Spring issue i would like to correct.I know some have gone with the HIEDT spring to correct the ride quality issues and was wondering if this would be my best route.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
Just email Jason and we will send you a new set of 300ibs springs. We have not had any issues after the change.

Sal
Thanks for the info Sal.I talked with Jason and he feels that i need to put more miles on the car before changing the springs out.I will do this and keep you all informed.Thanks Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts