Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at adding coil overs to my 1971 Nova. The aftermarket (Moog) stock springs I put in are about 2” too tall and the geometry has already ripped my ball joint boots before it even hit the road. I may have lowered control arms which created the issue.

·
Premium Member
3,817 Posts
I am using the ViKing adjustable coilover shocks on the front of my 68 and I really like them.

On the rear, I have regular non-adjustable coilover's that are available at local parts stores.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I went through a bunch of headaches and work trying to get my front end to sit at just the right height and have the correct spring pressure. I finally bit the bullet and bough Viking double-adjustable coil-overs from CBR. I've had them in for three or four years now, and I'm VERY happy with them. Being able to easily and precisely adjust spring height is a huge benefit. And the double-adjustable damping and rebound settings makes it easy to set the ride/performance aspects of the shocks. I really like the way the car rides and handles a lot better now!

Make sure you get a good alignment after installing them and adjusting your ride height.

Gerry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts