Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
Serious southern boy living in Jax Fl.
4,235 Posts
Suspensions are subjective. What I think of as stiff others may refer to as soft. (Lets keep this clean guys) There are soft spring heavy sway bar options and vise-versa. I thought my C5 corvette had a stiff ride till I had it on a road course. I hated how it smushed over in every corner. I like KYB shocks on almost every street car I've ever owned but some think they are too stiff. If this is not your daily driver then jump in and try something different. You may be surprised at what you learn........

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
@Jknova11 I think your shocks are too long for this application. The collapsed length is 12.125”.. If your cut springs are 12.5” when you put the shocks in with it raised off the ground they will go in but once you set in on the ground the shocks are bottomed out..
Rectangle Font Parallel Technology Screenshot

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Sorry this is what I have.
This one looks more like an appropriate shock application. I have helped another member here with an older Heidts MII clip and he cut the front coil springs as he couldn’t get them to compress without the drivetrain and front sheet metal. Needless to say when he got the engine and transmission in place the front end was really low. He has stock height spindles.

How does your car sit?
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
3,888 Posts
Nice lookin ride.. Do you have a front end shot where you can see the control lower control arms. The ideal setup for the lower control arms is to have a slight downward slope from the crossmember down to the spindles.
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have a 62 with heidts mustang II front end with the 375 lb springs. Front end of car is extremely stiff. I have an ls1 with aluminum brakes, no Ac. What coil over system would you recommend and what springs rate?
I have an older TCI front clip & got different lower control arms to accept coil overs. I'm using Ride Tech coil overs. I'm also running a LS with air. In my opinion, this is the best change I have done.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts