Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are issues with the way the last post was made as it infringes on site policy. The post was moved to the classifieds and you can post there and put your prices on that forum.
Here's the link:
http://www.stevesnovasite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39132
See you guys tommorrow afternoon.
Dan

·
13,985 Posts
Dan, sorry if we caused problems for you. I think the original intent was good. Giving the B.C. Interior, Island and Washington State folks a heads up on what might be available could 'make a trip or save a trip.' Doesn't really matter where the thread ends up. We appreciate all you moderator guys :) .
Bob

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ran into these two hubcap/L79 parts salesman at the swapmeet. That's Bob on the left and Ric on the right.
I tell you guys, if you ever hook up with these two you better have some free time. I bet Ric kept me there talking for 1/2 an hour!:D :D :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How did you guys make out? Still have that L79 intake Bob? Did that other guy make out ok with the deal he made...
Ric, is your hubcap collection any smaller?

Attachments

·
Registered
574 Posts
what a great location for swap meet good food very clean place even found some mint cond l79 valve covers . hope its there again and again

·
13,985 Posts
Ric and I didn't make enough at the swapmeet to retire (Oh I forgot, we're already retired :D ), but we had lots of fun. Thanks to all the guys from this site who stopped by to say Hi. As Al89 stated, Tradex is a great place for this meet...all the inside vendors under one roof, clean, bright, move-in/move-out was great because we could drive our vehicles right into the building. We didn't get to try any of the food, because Ric's wonderful wife Sharon packed us hearty, healthy food for both days. Sharon, you're the best :) . The meet will be at Tradex again next year, but will move back to the original dates. 2007 will be May 25 & 26.

Bob

PS: I brought the L79 intake home and Ric still has some hubcaps. Oops, is this advertising, Dan :rolleyes: :) ;) .

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
66_Canso said:
I tell you guys, if you ever hook up with these two you better have some free time. I bet Ric kept me there talking for 1/2 an hour!:D :D :D
Well 1st off... My fav guy... Bob,.. & I had another great weekend together, hangin' , swapin' lies and makin' more memories!!! ....
We also happened to sell a few things along the way, but that's another story. We are all in this hobby because we love cars, but we love and live more for the commraderie we share with others:D :D .. A huge thanx for all the support from our friends that showed up to say hi!! Frank (novacars).. Dan (the supposed fisher guy that still owes Sharon a Salmon!!) Calvin, Mike (novanutmike) from the Island, Mark.(Chiltons, from Kelowna, who's gonna sell me a 283, Shawn!!)...Shawn.. a no-show!! :confused: Another member.. Johnny, or Fly-Boy, or "The Torch" or whoever he calls himself today..:eek: :eek: for his enthusiasim & encougagement for all that we do here on the board, and up North of the Border!!! These times are so much fun!!:) We did miss John Bavin & Roy ( a pesty guy) from the Island... they didn't show up to steal stuff or give us a bad time!!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Now, let's go back to the "quote" and the key words...."Ric kept me there talking"......................... and that's what he (Dan) did!!! yak-yak-yak!! He kept talking & Bob & I pretended we were listening!! Over an hour, so I forced him to buy something,at least,... and he did..(the cheapest thing we had!!!):p I'm sorry Ill miss the Father's Day in the Park next Sunday, so have fun!!

Ric... aka Bogie the dogdish guy!!!

·
Registered
787 Posts
I can hardly wait to be retired, so I can sell hub caps too;) .
Didn't go, because all the parts you were selling are real, and 100% of my car is clone, Hehehe, actually too busy trying to make enough money to retire, so that I can get into the used parts business.

Ric, I noticed in the photo, no bump in the head:beat: , how did the steering wheel come off, looks like OK. I assumed you already knew that, but anyone following the post, who has never had a wheel jump into their face, may have wanted to know. Trust me, it hurts.
By the way, did that fix the back light issue, inquiring minds want to know.
I have 100% new wiring, but never changed out, or ever cleaned those contact points, other than the horn spring contact. So if that worked, I will file it in my to-keep basket.

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
CdnL79 said:
brought the L79 intake home and Ric still has some hubcaps. Oops, is this advertising, Dan :rolleyes: :) ;) .
No, this is not!!! I still have the 67/68 Z28 intake & L79 caps (sold 2 sets, but still have the "show" set!!!

Pat.. I have been too busy to pull the steering wheel, but yes, I have done that before!! Thanx for the reminders & i will let you know!! Heading to the Island for a 3 day Poker/Golf/:beer: :beer: /fun time -Mon til Wed then off to Coeur d'Alene Thurs til Sunday............. you won't like retirement life Pat..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bogie

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i'm retired... i guess i'm in the wrong business... i'm gonna get ME some hubcaps !!!

no wonder i'm not makin' money :D :D :D

glad ya had fun :D

·
Registered
787 Posts
Ric,
Penny has been making Honey-do lists for about 3 years now. I figure when I retire, I will have to live for another 100 years to get to all of it.:eek: Just kidiing
We are off to Greece this month to vist my Greek Grandchild, this month.
I talked to my son yesterday, and told him to look for an old put put put 4cyl diesel fishin 32' boat, that he and I can refurb to a " cruiser" and some property right on the water. We figure 200K will do both. Penny finally said she would live there 6 months of the year. Cruise the islands, and do some fishin, sounds good to me. The Nova may just have to be sold for other toys.
So, I guess I am lookin forward to retirement too, 5 years, maybe.

Got any Fiat, or Skoda hubcaps I can sell in Greece, for diesel fuel????

·
Premium Member
566 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
Well 1st off... My fav guy... Bob,.. & I had another great weekend together, hangin' , swapin' lies and makin' more memories!!! ....
------SNIP-----

Now, let's go back to the "quote" and the key words...."Ric kept me there talking"......................... and that's what he (Dan) did!!! yak-yak-yak!! He kept talking & Bob & I pretended we were listening!! Over an hour, so I forced him to buy something,at least,... and he did..(the cheapest thing we had!!!):p I'm sorry Ill miss the Father's Day in the Park next Sunday, so have fun!!

Ric... aka Bogie the dogdish guy!!!
Hey Ric, They don't call me Danny Chataway for nothin'!!! :D
Had a good time there, some very nice stuff if you spent some time digging. Good to hear it will be at the same site next year and back to the old dates.
Great to see you guys again, saw a couple guys who retired from the mill recently and they had pics of their projects ('51 Belair, '67 Fairlane GTA).
We'll get that fish one of these days, hard to believe how late into the season it is and I haven't even bought my license.
Dan

1 - 12 of 12 Posts