Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,545 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what province everyone is from.I have seen posts from B.C.,N.S.,Ont. where else ? Oh,and as it says ,I am in N.B.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
Welcome to the Site. All of you are fairly new here. Acadians are the best but don't tell the rest of the guys here. :) They might get jealous. ;)

·
Registered
95 Posts
I'm in Winnipeg, MB.

Bought my 67 Canso 2 years ago. I was in the middle of a 66 Nova project I picked up in Regina at the time and a fellow at work said that a neighbour of his had a car similar to mine but was more complete. He took some pictures for me and it turned out to be a Canso. I rushed over to the house (late August) and took a better look at the car. After seeing how complete the car was compared to the point I was at with the 66 I wanted to know if it was for sale. The owner wasn't home so I left my name and number in the mailbox thinking I would never hear from him but it was worth the effort. He called two days later and asked if I would like to hear it run and take a look under the hood and inside the interior. I said "yeah" and went back the next day. When I got there he had the whole car on jack stands in the driveway so I could really have a good look at the underside. He said take your time and he went into the house for about 20 minutes. I knew right then that there wasn't anything he was hiding, and if he was he wasn't doing a very good job.

He was asking $5500 can. and at the time I thought that was kinda high so I passed on the opportunity. During the winter months I couldn't get the car out of my head and wished I had bought it when I had the chance because he mentioned other people who knew it was for sale and seemed interested. When March came along I called him again telling him I had thought about the price and made him an offer. Turns out he just had a baby boy and my offer was gladly accepted.

Anyways thats how I aquired my car. Just shows that opportunities do come along and it doesn't hurt to ask around if anyone knows where these cars might be sitting.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
I'm in St-Albert, Alberta. I see that there are more and more Nova's appearing on this site from the Edmonton area. Be neat to get them all together at a local show or cruise, I attend Rockin August here in St-Albert every year however, not ready for the indoor shows yet.:chev:

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
I'm one of those Ontarians you spoke of :D .

About an hour east of Toronto here.

·
13,961 Posts
In addition to 65SD who has already posted, there are dozens of other board members from the Greater Vancouver/Fraser Valley area, Vancouver Island, Okanagan Valley and other locations in B.C.

Bob

·
Registered
254 Posts
laval, quebec

am i the only one in that province who loves chevy II and acadians ???

·
Premium Member
346 Posts
thanks bob & henry ;welcome to the site there r alot of cars on the west coast must be the better weather lol the purple guy shawn

1 - 20 of 40 Posts