Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i am having one heck of a time with my trans, and i sure could use some help. 63 nova wagon, 250 block, 194 head, 390 holley, offey intake, split manifold, three on the tree. problem is when i put in the new 250 the clutch was working good but when i took a look at it it was pretty worn, so i figured this was the time to replace it. i bought three clutch pacs and never did get the right size clutch, mine is a 9 1/8". so i sent the plate and clutch off to be rebuilt. when i got it back and installed it in the car it would not shift right, some times it would not let me shift at all. so i took it out and checked the throw out and pilot bearing. installed it again and it was the same mess. pulled it out again, turned the clutch plate around thinking i had put it in backwards. it worked better but would slip in 3rd. i pulled it again, etc. so far i have tried using a shorter throwout bearing, did not reach the pressure plate, new throwout bearing, new pilot bearing, everything except the clutch and pressure plate. i have had this thing out seven times and am at a loss of what to do. has anyone had this kind of problem. thanks for your input. jim

1 - 1 of 1 Posts