Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if a '69 Nova clutch pedal safety switch is the same for a '72 Nova? I have a switch off a '73 Nova & it mounts on the pedal support differently......no way of mounting it on the '72 without some modification. There is a couple listed on ebay, but they state they're for a '69 Nova. The switch for the '69 uses a separate linkage rod from the switch to the pedal. The switch that I have off the '73 is one piece with the linkage made on to the switch. If anyone has a pic of the '72 safety switch set up or could look & see what theirs looks like, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
313 Posts
They are the same.I myself just installed one on my 70 Nova and had to look at my 72 to see how it was installed.It looked the same and even had the same color wire.

·
Premium Member
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are the same.I myself just installed one on my 70 Nova and had to look at my 72 to see how it was installed.It looked the same and even had the same color wire.
Thanks, that was the info I was needing. I appreciate the reply!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks guys. Your posts answered my question. I too have a switch off a '73 and found, as you did, that it doesn't quite fit my '71 auto pedal support frame. Kind of a white plastic affair with a sliding rod.

I guess I'm off to find a '69 Camaro switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts