Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i put in an autogear m22 behind my 350 in my 72. i prob put about 300 miles on the tranny and all of a sudden when i push the clutch pedal in, it makes a loud click halfway down. it sounds like its coming from inside the bellhousing. anybody know what this could be?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
You'll have to open it up, more then likely. Is it hydraulic or mechanical? It could be the ball for the fork, the fork itself or binding on the nose cone of the input, from premature wear, possibly. Check and be sure it's (fork) not hitting the bellhousing.

Welcome to the site!:waving:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a mechanical clutch. i just put it in 2 weeks ago. centerforce dual friction clutch, new clutch fork.i know i have to rip it apart again. just trying to come up with some ideas on what could possibly making it click.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Does it do it when it's not running too?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
It could be the retainer clip on the fork get hung up on the throwout bearing.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Sounds like the throwout bearing is installed incorrectly. Alot of times (not saying you did it) guys will clip the bearing on the fork incorrectly. One of the symptoms of this is the sound you are describing.

·
Premium Member
8,046 Posts
What it a new fork? I had a fork that cracked right at the pivot ball. That caused a clicking noise. Are you losing pedal adjustment? After mine cracked it started to bend backwards on the pivot ball. That caused slack in the adjustment rod; eventually the fork started hitting the firewall and the clutch wouldn't release.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts