Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this thread should go here. Anyways, whenever I push on the clutch pedal on my '65 4 door, the pedal make a "clunk" type of noise at the bottom of travel. Sometimes it's when I'm still depressing the pedal, and other times it does it after the pedal is at the floor and stopped. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this? I've tried standing on my head and pushing the pedal by hand, but I'm not a contortionist.:confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
my car started doing this when i installed a brake booster. the pedal linkage would snag the bottom of the booster and it felt just like you described. do you have any recent mods?

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
i've seen that happen before too...

might also be the pedal bushings.

it's item #2 (in the little number boxes) ;)

these bushings are used for the brake pedal & clutch pedal.
they're very thin plastic bushings... cheap & easy to install

·
Registered
407 Posts
I've seen the spring, and or safety cable? Snag the headers or each other while activating the clutch, might just need a Lil lithium grease

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, thanks to everyone who replied. First off, there aren't any mods, except for the split manifold on my 194. It started doing this last year, and the manifold was done in '99. I will check the linkage, and grease as necessary. The last time I heard this noise, was on my old '73 Dodge P/U, and the clutch pedal arm had actually broke, and was flexing.(It was an old Forest Service truck), so it got abused. Got the arm welded, and it worked like new.
Again, thanks, Flyer, Base1969, and 71nova355. I appreciate the info, as well as all the other info I get off this site, from everybody.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts