Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m having trouble finding the proper clutch fork for my setup. We have checked several, they bind against the release bearing thus destroying it. What is the correct fork part number?
I have a 403 bell housing and 10.5 clutch, flywheel etc. with a T5 transmission.

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,760 Posts
Richard --- I used what was already mounted in my '403' bell.

here are some pictures ; if that will help. I did remove my 'clutch fork' and looked for a number , I did NOT see one. My clutch is working good (for over a year, now. 1st drive ; March 17, 2018.

Pictures :

#1 --

#2 --

#3 --

#4 --

#5 --

#6 -- This was when I was going with my "Saginaw 4 speed" ------

the 'fork' was already with my bell .

#7 --' 403 ' bell as used on my '250 - 6 with my T 5 trans (with no adapter plate ----- bolted onto the 403 , just like my 'Saginaw' .

I think that I have a New Clutch FORK , that I bought from
… "Chevy - 2 - only" --- when I bought all my pedals and clutch linkage. If I remember right -- I Did put the 2 forks side - by - side, and compared them. BUT -- I did - not - take any picture. The (my) new fork is in the shop , I can look at it tomorrow ------- it may have on "part NUMBER ON IT" .

All My pedals & linkage (z-bar , & rods are stock parts -- to fit a 69 Nova) .

just trying too help out ----- jim

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,760 Posts
so, I go to the shop; I found the box that my new 'clutch bellhousing fork' came in (no fork inside of box). Maybe I did use that new fork ----- because, I did find my two 'old forks'. I compared those --- they are Very Close --- I did take some pictures , side - by - side …… only real difference was one fork is about an inch longer -- on the very outer - end … (I wouldn't think that would matter ? ? ).

The Part Number on the BOX -- 18009 (came in a change-over-kit … from Chevy-2-only -- that may be their Part Number).

there was another # on the box also : " W-692 … 67 - 72 'clutch fork " .

FYI : just looked in the newest 'Classic Industries' catalog , page - 542.

(I used the stock --- short throw-out bearing , with my set-up).

glad too hear you have it covered ……. jim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts