Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I have the choice between a 12" clutch and pressure plate setup and a 11.5" pressure plate and clutch, they are both in my possession and both are used, but still good enough to install on my nova.
I am running a Saginaw transmission with a truck bellhousing, (the front bearing retainer was swapped on the transmission for one from a 3 speed truck Saginaw because of the different sized holes)

So... which one should I run? BTW the 12" clutch came with the flywheel I plan to use. Unless otherwise convinced, I have no intention to turn the flywheel...
Thanks

Robert out!:cool:

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Alright, I have the choice between a 12" clutch and pressure plate setup and a 11.5" pressure plate and clutch, they are both in my possession and both are used, but still good enough to install on my nova.
I am running a Saginaw transmission with a truck bellhousing, (the front bearing retainer was swapped on the transmission for one from a 3 speed truck Saginaw because of the different sized holes)

So... which one should I run? BTW the 12" clutch came with the flywheel I plan to use. Unless otherwise convinced, I have no intention to turn the flywheel...
Thanks

go with the 11.5.... you dont need the extra flywheel weight

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, a truck B.H. will fit....

...And they are like a dime a dozen at swap meets.
If you need a more beefy 4 speed, some company is making a truck size front bearing retainer for a muncie, it costs $30 or so...
Saginaw truck trans front bearing retainers are a direct swap for saginaw car 4 speeds:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts