Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, now that we are allowed "era correct" (very gray wording!!) mags for our collector cars, I was thinking about these from Foose?? 16x7 with 4&3/4 in BS & 16x7 with 4in. BS for the fronts??? What do you think. They do kinda resemble the TT's of the day!! And would still be a little different. These are very similar to the wheels they installed on Chip's Overhaulin' 56 Black 56 F0RD Pickup!!!

Bogie :confused: :confused:

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I think I would, before laying out the bucks for rims that are larger in dia then what would have been avalable back in the day, find out exactly what they mean by era correct......just my thoughts...but it would really suck to spend the money and then not be able to use them cause ICBC deems 14" dia rims as the only dia for rims that would be era correct for your car..

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Flamer !!!

What do you mean, I'm dreamin' ?? You don't like them, or what??
And Duane, you arr right in sizes, however they do allow + 1 inch, so 15's would be ok............ 16's would be stretchin' it a bit!! But if I get in a fender bender, I could always switch to the 14's I have on there now!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: , then take it in to report it!!......... or, just not get in an accident at all! ( I guess that would be a better thing!!

Bogie

·
13,729 Posts
Hey Bogie, when he sees those Foose wheels on your car, the 'era correct' detective at ICBC may question how Chip Foose could have produced wheels in 1966 when he was only 3 years old :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .
You made my day, buddy :D :D
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Duh !!!

His Daddy was makin' em back then!!! Only recently did Chip take over the wheel business!!!

Bogie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
13,729 Posts
Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
His Daddy was makin' em back then!!! Only recently did Chip take over the wheel business!!!
Bogie :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
His Pappy might have made some wheels, but not the ones yo is lookin' at:p . The marketing of Foose wheels didn't really begin until 2000 when the wheel division was officially estabished. You might find some Boyd Coddington wheels that are era correct;) ;) .
Bob

·
Premium Member
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
C'mon Bobby....... now yer rainin' on my parade!!! Picky..picky!! A little detail here, a litle detail there!! Boyd & his wheels can all be burried somewhere in the Arizona desert!!! Along with all his shows!! Haven't all his worker bees gone over to Foose's camp anyway??? Do you think these wheels would look god on the Cloner???

Bogie

·
13,729 Posts
Bogus/ClonerL79 said:
C'mon Bobby....... now yer rainin' on my parade!!! Picky..picky!! A little detail here, a litle detail there!! Boyd & his wheels can all be burried somewhere in the Arizona desert!!! Along with all his shows!! Haven't all his worker bees gone over to Foose's camp anyway??? Do you think these wheels would look god on the Cloner???
Bogie
I think a nice set of custom wheels would look good on your car. The problem is you don't really know if you have the correct look until they're installed. Lots of things enter into it.... wheel size, ride height, tire profile, etc. I'm not sure about the color of the wheels in your post. I'd probably lean to chrome, but hey, there are lots of choices available.
Bob

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
I agree with Greg... I don't like 'em. Go for Raidrs, Torq-Thrusts, or some other such wheel that is actually "period correct". Even some Chrome steelies would be cool (not the "smoothie" type... I mean chrome OEM style wheels).

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts
John65ss said:
I agree with Greg... I don't like 'em. Go for Raidrs, Torq-Thrusts, or some other such wheel that is actually "period correct". Even some Chrome steelies would be cool (not the "smoothie" type... I mean chrome OEM style wheels).
Are you talking about the reverse chromies? Stockton wheels calls them the Milners. I guess Milner on American Grafitti used em.
http://www.stocktonwheel.com/nostalgia_wheels.htm

I thought about buying a set for my Sedan.:D :beer:

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Yup... those are the wheels I was talking about. Very "period correct", and I love the nostalgic look.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Ric,I like them and think they would look real good.I just don't like the rivets in between the spokes.Wheels are a bolt on-off personal item.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts