Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want an opinion and see where the majority lies. Because I have heard about many different opinions and not sure what is accurate or which ones are "wives tales".

I got an NOS clock for my 66 in 1997 and it worked great for about a year. Then it stopped. It is now in the shop being rebuilt.

I have heard that the clocks were very cheaply built and won't run much longer than that. I am very disappointed to hear this because I want to do the best to not have to rebuild it again for a long time. I have heard that most of the time they die because of a low battery. Some of the different versions I have heard to keep it's longevity is to

a. keep the battery on a "battery tender"
b. option "a" really doesn't work, so you need to proceed to option "c".
c. Disconnect the battery every time you are not driving the car
d. install a 1 amp fuse in the power line to the clock

·
Registered
705 Posts
Mine died and I got one from a member here that takes a AA battery it's working great and cant tell it's a remake :yes:
It's a hassle to re-set them because you have to pull the back off to access the knob

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Does anybody really know what time it is?

My dashboard's "clock" space is occupied by a white-faced temperature gauge.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine died and I got one from a member here that takes a AA battery it's working great and cant tell it's a remake :yes:
It's a hassle to re-set them because you have to pull the back off to access the knob
That would be awesome. Can you put me in touch with this member?

·
Registered
273 Posts
The old clocks never lasted long. Send it out to have a Quartz conversion and it will give you perfect time all the time. Nice collection you have.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I was hoping to avoid the quartz because I like the "original" movement. I just want it to last as long as possible.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I am guessing none of the options in my original question are ones that anyone has any definitive knowledge on?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts