Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have something on my paint. My Nova has been parked in the garage and under a cover whenever I am not working on it but I have noticed the paint feels rough in some areas. When I dust the car off, and run my hand over it, I feel "grit" in some areas - especially on flat horizontal surfaces. The paint and clear coat have been buffed out - this may be from air circulation in the garage. Is there a good cleaning wax I can use?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
I have something on my paint. My Nova has been parked in the garage and under a cover whenever I am not working on it but I have noticed the paint feels rough in some areas. When I dust the car off, and run my hand over it, I feel "grit" in some areas - especially on flat horizontal surfaces. The paint and clear coat have been buffed out - this may be from air circulation in the garage. Is there a good cleaning wax I can use?
Sounds like a good use for a clay bar and detail spray.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Clay bar eh? I'll try it - where is the best place to buy it? Also, what is detail spray?

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
Clay bar eh? I'll try it - where is the best place to buy it? Also, what is detail spray?
Your local auto parts has it and it comes in a kit with the spray. It will make it smooth. Just follow the directions, not much to it. They do have different grades so you might try the finer one, but it does work good. I did it on a car here at the shop and man it was smooth.

·
Registered
345 Posts
You should be able to buy at any auto parts store as well as wal-mart and target. The Meguiars kit come with the bar and the spray and instructions. I use it with car wash soap and a bucket. Use the bar in one direction and constantly fold it over to avoid scratching the surface with the particulates that are being picked up.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your local auto parts has it and it comes in a kit with the spray. It will make it smooth. Just follow the directions, not much to it. They do have different grades so you might try the finer one, but it does work good. I did it on a car here at the shop and man it was smooth.
I will give it a try - Thanks!

·
Registered
20,109 Posts
You should be able to buy at any auto parts store as well as wal-mart and target. The Meguiars kit come with the bar and the spray and instructions. I use it with car wash soap and a bucket. Use the bar in one direction and constantly fold it over to avoid scratching the surface with the particulates that are being picked up.
+1 on the Meguiars and what he said.:yes::yes::yes:

·
Registered
11 Posts
you guys should look into Adams polishes. Unbeleivable products. Americana wax is their top wax, worth the money!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts