Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 5.3 that I'm putting in my 67 sedan and I thought I would share some photos with you all and see what you thought. I "deleted" the EGR and EVAP stuff. Then installed some plugs and made cover plates to clean up the looks of the manifold. I also made a throttle body TV cable stud plate thing that has the correct geometry according to all the research I have done on the web. Then, I made a bracket to hang the TV cable for a 700-r4 or 200-4r tans. In doing so I had to cut the front injector rail mount lug off of the manifold, but I integrated a new mount for the rail to mount to. This setup is going to require the use of a Lokar TV cable to clear everything as the factory cable is too big. I don't have any pictures of this bracket yet, because it isn't complete yet. The last thing I did was make a new cover to sit on top of the manifold to clean up the overall look of the manifold. I got the idea for the cover from Novak Conversions, but I couldn't find one listed on there website and I have access to the tools need to make so I just did that. Here are the pics.

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
here's mine in a 64 Nova wagon:yes: That intake cover is pretty cool, I might have to make up something like that:yes:

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Nice work Hawkeye!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Any reason toy guys don't change out the manifold to the stock LS1, they are 50-100 bucks all over.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Any reason toy guys don't change out the manifold to the stock LS1, they are 50-100 bucks all over.
Truck manifolds flow better up until 5500 rpm I believe, helping out hp/tq down low. stock ls1 would be a step back, and I BELIEVE ls6 manifold only out flows the truck manifold after 5500 rpm. So if you have the hood clearance why not!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The reason for keeping the truck intake is because I already have it. As previously said the truck intake flows better, so I'm just going to make the ugly one more presentable. Plus I have access to the tools I need to make the stuff and I'm learning something at the same time.

Hawkeye

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey Hawkeye...sorry to bring up an old thread, but I'm really interested in seeing these pics. On my pc at least, it shows that they've been moved or deleted from where you linked them. I'm looking for options on making my truck manifold more presentable as well, along with trying to see what can be deleted/removed/blocked off/etc...any chance you can repost the pics?
Thanks!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Thanks for the pics and links guys.

Charley, what's the color used on access. brackets in that Bel-Air?

I unfortunately don't have the fab skills for a good looking cover like that Hawkeye, but I can easily sand away a few things to make it a little more presentable.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Charley, what's the color used on access. brackets in that Bel-Air?

Flat black is what he used. Also when you smooth your intake you can use mar-glass filler then sand it smooth again. That's how my friend did his.

Charley

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I would think you could cut the shape out and then take it to a HVAC shop and have them roll it on a slip roller. I made mine out of aluminum, but there isn't any reason it couldn't bet made of sheet steel.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts