Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
You can get whitelightning aluminum cleaner from napa.just wet your intake down,spray or brush cleaner on And let it sit for 5to8 minutes and hose off.works really good

·
Premium Member
11,208 Posts
I glass bead blast mine then I use a aluminum wheel cleaner with acid. Cleans intakes well if they are statin finished. I use the Duraglas brand wheel cleaner

·
Registered
5,719 Posts
I use Oven cleaner.

If it can clean the oven, it sure can clean an intake manifold .... :yes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
You can also boil it in anti-freeze. About 25 minutes at 190 deg. take it out, hose it off, done.

·
Registered
1977 Nova 2dr Hatchback, 383/350, 10 bolt-4.11
108 Posts
I use the oven cleaner too, go to one of the dollar stores and just get the cheap stuff.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
X's whatever on glass beading it. Rotojet first to get the oil off of it, let it dry and glass bead it. Clearcoating is a great idea for long term appearance.

Walt

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also anyone know of a reputable media blasting shop near Ontario, Apple Valley, Hesperia or VictorVille?

·
Registered
20,119 Posts
Carb cleaner first if you want then some Ospho acid and a toothbrush. Clean and neutralize with some baking soda.:yes:

If you were to sandblast it you don't want sand all inside or you will have a hard time getting it all out of there.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts