Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1967 2 Door
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to clean up under my 67 and spray something to make it nice and clean. What do you all recommend?
Also how do you clean it up?
Thanks,
Rob

·
Registered
238 Posts
por 15 for a coating...there are some chemicals out there you can use to prep the surfaces that remove gunk you'll have to do a search to find out what yours needs...I have no idea what condition the metal is in without a picture

·
Registered
429 Posts
por 15 for a coating...there are some chemicals out there you can use to prep the surfaces that remove gunk you'll have to do a search to find out what yours needs...I have no idea what condition the metal is in without a picture
I used POR 15 on my truck and 3M Professional Grade Rubberized Undercoating on my Nova. The POR 15 can be sprayed on or brushed. The 3M I used is a rattle can spray. Use a respirator with using either one.

POR 15 does not stick well to bare metal without proper prep or anywhere you might have some oil residue (look on-line for prep instructions). It does work well with surface rust and area shouldn't have loose dirt or road grime. The 3M worked well over pre-painted surface if you scuff it up with some sandpaper. The 3M doesn't appear to be as "hard" of a finish and will scratch easier than the POR.

Several site members like Rustoleum. I haven't used it but they swear by it.

You might get a can of the 3M or Rustoleum and see what you like. The POR is pricey, about $45 for a pint.

Here is picture of the Nova after spraying.

IMG_1334.jpg

·
Registered
134 Posts
Get a Shultz gun and 4 cans of there product and spray away. I like this undercoat because it dries fast and when it is dries it dries to the touch and you can paint over it! Fyi wear a respirator this stuff is wicked when you spray it but smell goes away as it dries completely.

·
Registered
66 Chevy II, 67 Chevy II, 65 C10
672 Posts
Do NOT get POR 15 on your skin! I like rust-oleum for under the car as it's easy to apply and touch up

1 - 6 of 6 Posts