Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the weekend and a few brews, the discussion came up about where the Cleanest Original Solid Rustfree Cars, (especially Novas of course) still can be found and bought. Pre-planning vacations, the wives don't know that part! The supply in the Rustbelt is getting pretty small.
But if the price of gas gets any higher we may not be taking any roadtrips or vacations!
Where do you guys think the cleanest originals are located and still around on the road driving. Or even in the boneyards for that matter. West, Southwest, Southeast, Midwest?

·
Registered
41 Posts
While I was looking for my car I found about 3 or 4 excellent original novas in Orange County, CA over the course of a few weeks. They were cheap by today's standards, and reasonable at the time, but gold wasn't my thing. :D

I think California has more than it's share of excellent originals, due to it's temperate climate, minimal rainfall and relatively low humidity.

·
Premium Member
8,478 Posts
Codelphious said:
minimal rainfall
Minimal rainfall??????:eek: Have you looked out a window the past month???:eek: :rolleyes:

The arrid climate of most of Arridzona preserves cars better than Northern Califoria's climate does. Southern Cal probably has a better store of originals than Northern Cal does. Seeing a Nova, let alone seeing one on the road in the Sacramento and Fairfield areas is getting rare. You still see them, but not very often. I have been seeing that yellow Nova from Woodland that was on eBay around a bit more. I don't know where the rest of them are hiding. Forget the boneyards. The ones I have scoured in Sacramento are dry.

Randy (gettin' tired of this minimal rainfall!!):rolleyes:

·
Registered
788 Posts
Central California is ragtop capital of the world!

Well maybe it is because I know of at least ten convertibles within twenty-five miles of where I live!

I can still on any given day see at least one driver besides my wagon and there just seem to be bunches of sitting cars in this San Joaquin Valley. California is a good bet, but they are not in the junk yards anymore and the numbers are going down steadily.

·
Registered
788 Posts

Well maybe it is because I know of at least ten convertibles within twenty-five miles of where I live!

I can still on any given day see at least one driver besides my wagon and there just seem to be bunches of sitting cars in this San Joaquin Valley. California is a good bet, but they are not in the junk yards anymore and the numbers are going down steadily.

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts

Well maybe it is because I know of at least ten convertibles within twenty-five miles of where I live! Any further nominations?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts