Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved my classic industres door panels a couple of weeks ago. as you know the metal part does not come attached, have any of you guys got these panels and attached them yourselves? if so how? pop rivots? im mostly unsur of how the spikey parts go back in.

·
Registered
63 Posts
door panels

i used a set of pliers to straighten the tabs along the holes to get a bite on the panel.on a hard surface with some spray glue a rubber mallette was used to pound the tabs into the panel cardboard.it worked great.i can't see any other way.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
i used a set of pliers to straighten the tabs along the holes to get a bite on the panel.on a hard surface with some spray glue a rubber mallette was used to pound the tabs into the panel cardboard.it worked great.i can't see any other way.
I did basically the exact same thing to mine, and they turned out fantastic. The only issue I had is the ferrules around the door lock knobs don't fit very well at all. The padding is much thicker than my stock ones was and the ferrules don't have long enough "teeth" to get down to the opening in the metal. It's a very minor cosmetic issue but it's a little annoying. If you try to attach them to the metal it ends up puckering the material around the knob.

The padding on these panels is far superior to stock, and they look great once installed. This job seems pretty intimidating at first but it's really quite easy and can be accomplished with a little patience, some pressure, and hot glue.

That having been said, I'd rather they raised the price $60-75 and just included the darn metal pieces. I think it ridiculous that you order brand new door panels and still have to take them to an upholstery shop to have them finished. PUI should be ashamed of themselves on that one. . . .

J

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Back seat missing

Left my car a friends houise for awhile and I Just noticed that my back seat bottom cushion has disappeared. He knows nothing about it.....This is a 75 hatchback and I think it was a little smaller that the sedans. Can anyone verify that before I go looking for a replacement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts