Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if anyone else has made mention yet about Classic Industries new catalog, but it has a tonne on new parts.

Most notable are the addition of 1965 grill and headlight bezels!!!!

Anyone that doesn't have the latest catalog should visit the site and download the updated version. I think that just made my day. :D :beer:

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
65 Eyebrow Mouldings are somewhere

Someone is re-popin the eyebrow moulding. A contact form Hemmings gave me a qoute for $300. GULP and they are madeout of aluminum? I would rather french the headlights ala 60s custom and call it a day!!!

But not to slight Classic Industries I actually ordered a whole bunch of Autowire engine bay wiring and they gave me a better deal than Autowire anywhere else.

\Some of the prices are higher and we do have to shop.:bored:
James

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
$300 for the eyebrows is pretty good if they are decent quality. I've seen used, dinged and scratched ones go for that price.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Didn't get the grill right!

It is great to see some people repoiping the 65 trim. It is sure expensive, I just wish they would try to make them correct. Several other repo pieces I have tried just don't fit well and the 65 grill they list does not have the center holes to locate the grill insignia. For the custom guy's that may be a plus because it looks a little smoother but it just seem like another example of cheapening up the parts for no good reason. I would have thought the eyebrows would have been easier than a grill and you could get nearly as much money! Just opinions from a die-hard 65 guy!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
About 17 yrs ago (yes, I've had mine that long :eek: ), there were repo eyebrows and peak moldings on the market. Price was right (~$50 / pair for each), but quality was not the best. I bought a set and have one of the peak moldings on my car, along with both repo eyebrows.

George Lucas and I were talking about this at the Northeast Nova show. We joked that if we had bought these old repos by the crate load, and we could retire young! LOL :D

·
Registered
611 Posts
K-Man said:
I don't know if anyone else has made mention yet about Classic Industries new catalog, but it has a tonne on new parts.

Most notable are the addition of 1965 grill and headlight bezels!!!!

Anyone that doesn't have the latest catalog should visit the site and download the updated version. I think that just made my day. :D :beer:
Just got mine and "DAMN"!!!!!:geek:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Anyone got a price on the grill ? I agree with Greg make the stuff right! Lets not forget about the old repop 65 ss w/o mldgs for $49.95 a set.The fronts were junk but the rears were right on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts