Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a headliner from classic ind? I took mine in to the upholstery shop and there are multiple issues.

1. After sliding in the bows they are not aligning to their respective mounting holes,
2.The catalog claims that the material continues from the roof area to cover the sail panel...which it does not.

I'm just curious if anyone has had any issues and if they were able to make modifications to make it work.

thanks

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
just asking ---

you do know --- the Head-liner bows only fit correctly in a certain order.

that's the only thing I know ---- jim

·
Premium Member
144 Posts
I years ago bought a 2nd gen headliner for my hardtop from PUI the box was mislabeled. it contained a sedan headliner and they are not the same. They made it right very quickly.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, we marked the bows before removing them from the old liner. The pics show that the bow inserts don’t align so it might be that it’s for a sedan or something else (I laid the old on top of the new). I called CI and they said something about the fine print mentioning something about Velcro and how the bows at that point will just be there to simulate the original headliner.......WTH!!!!! At that point I just let it go and am having the upholstery guy redo it in different fabric

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
I put my coupe headliner in. The new one you have laid under the old one is not for a coupe. There are 5 bows for a coupe. There are more for a sedan I think its six. The spacing for the panels is too wide on the new one you have. They sent yo the wrong thing. I got my headliner from them and it fit perfect.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the Note that CI claims n their catalog.

Important: Due to variations in mounting hole locations on sail panels, these reproductions are supplied with velcro pads for mounting. If mounting clips are desired to attach sail panels, provisions for mounting clip holes must be cut out. It is recommended to keep original sail panels in order to use as a template for correct mounting hole locations specific to the vehicle.

>
Note: 1962-65 and early 1966 Nova models do not require separate sail panels. The material continues from the roof area to cover the inner sail panel area.

Here’s a pic of just the new liner. It looks like it’s made for 5 bows. Probably made in China too:(

Attachments

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well the CI liner was wrongfully packaged it turns out and CI won’t take it back because it’s been a year. So I had the upholsterer make one out of the generic material with holes in it. Oh well, just to get the ball rolling for now. Now I have a new situation. Apparently OER only makes the rear view mirror mount for sedan/wagon and that’s the one I bought. Does anyone have pics of a HT/SS tear view mirror mount?

Thanks

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts