Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to buy a first gen Chevy II/Nova as a company showpiece and prototype car to help make our 62-67 Nova TKO 5-speed transmission kits more complete (hydraulic clutch kits, etc.).
I have found a base model, 2 door, 1964 Nova.
The body looks to be very straight and it has recent paint that is quite nice so I do not need to worry about body and paint.
The interior is done as well and is in nice shape so I won't need to spend any $ there.
It has a nice set of rims and new tires so that part is all done.
It is a 2 door, 6 cyl., automatic on the column, bench seat car, base model car.
Overall, from an an asthectic and mechanical perspective I would rate this car as an 8 on a scale of 1-10.
Of course I will be putting a 350 in it along with a Tremec TKO transmission. Installing a V8 with a 5-speed + a few incidentals will make this a nice little hot rod.

My question is: What is the approximate value of a good condition (as described above) '64 Nova 2 door, bench seat car without motor and transmission? (I am viewing the car as being without motor and transmision because in my case these items do not have any value.)
Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Hello Jeff,

Glad to hear that your looking for a 1st gen Nova. Will be a nice show piece for Classic Chevy 5 Speed. I think the price varies tremendously throughout the country, but I would say a car like the one you described is gonna run about $4,000 - $5,000. Prices have gone crazy over the past few years. I consider it very lucky to find a car as you described in my area of the country. The winters and salted roads make it hard to find a nice clean car in New England. I'm sure some of the first gen. owners can get you some more exact information and tips. Good luck with your purchase.

Paul a.k.a novalty

PS Thanks for extending us that offer awhile back!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Hi Jeff;
4-5K is a good ballpark figure around my area. It's not easy to find one like you describe around here. Most of them have been "tampered" with, if you know what I mean.
I usually view the stuff I don't want, like motor/trans etc. as cash that will reduce the base price.
I like my TKO 600!!!!
We look forward to see how your prototype will turn out.
Don

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Hey Jeff! Please keep us updated on the project. I will be calling you soon for the tko 600, and look forward to hearing your progress.

Todd

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
you're gonna have to buy the whole kit. i tried a while back to buy one and he just WOULDN'T sell me the tunnel. Best thing to do is use part of a camaro tunnel. that's what i ended up doing

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can purchase the universal tunnel patch through our authorized parts re-seller: Pass Performance. All of our custom TKO parts are now available for individual purchase through Pass Performance. http://www.passperformance.com/Products.php.
Please keep in mind that this is a universal piece that is not specific to the Nova.
It is a bit expensive, you can also look into fabricating your own for less $.
Jeff

1 - 7 of 7 Posts