Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
I use Grundy and have for the past 5 years, better pricing than Hagerty for the same coverage here in Texas. I can't vouch for claim response, I never filed a claim.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Most insurance for collector vehicles, depends on how they value or your declared value of your vehicle. Comparing prices is like comparing apples to oranges with the different stages of condition or our cars. I have found some that will insure for your stated value (mine) and some that want photos or have to inspect the vehicle. Obviously the more your vehicle is valued the more you'll pay. My company, American Auto, reached out after Harvey to see if my vehicle was still safe and not flooded. I'd say that response was great that they were getting ahead of the possibility of my needs. Didn't need them that time, but nice to know they were on top of it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have Hagerty on the wifes wagon and my 68 442. My brother had a restoration shop. Had a client who ran his highly valued highly modified 56 gmc truck into his own durango in my brothers parking lot, with a lot of damage. They just Hagerty just said fix it. There was no haggling or hassles. They just said fix it and make it right. I was sold.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have Hagerty on the wifes wagon and my 68 442. My brother had a restoration shop. Had a client who ran his highly valued highly modified 56 gmc truck into his own durango in my brothers parking lot, with a lot of damage. They just Hagerty just said fix it. There was no haggling or hassles. They just said fix it and make it right. I was sold.
My good friend owns a high end body shop and does several damaged collector cars a year (accidents, fire ect) and he has never had Hagerty decline, question, or annoy him on a claim, that was good enough for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Has anyone used Grundy to insure their car ?? Good? Bad? Indifferent??
I used to sell Classics insurance before I retired. I use Hagerty because of Agreed Value and able to drive my ‘67 Nova SS on tours even Power Tour. Several companies will give you a great rate only because they want the car to remain in a locked garage.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think Hagerty is a true enthusiast company. I feel like they want us to enjoy our cars and are honest people who are not just going to sue somebody because we want them to pay for our project. Most of us are happy to just be made whole and don't hire an attorney, sue everybody and try to make money on misfortune.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hagerty insurance 25k stated valve on each of my cars 63SS and 94SS Impala, 780

1 - 20 of 22 Posts