Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all, i have a 62 nova that i just aquired, and i went to use the cigerette lighter as a power point for my cell phone and low-and-behold it did not work...imagine that, so i checked under the dash and found the power wire unhooked, first off, how does it hook up to the lighter? there is just a "stud" sticking out of the back of it.....

and should it power a cell phone charger? because i wrapped the wire around the post and it still did not power it up........:confused:

thanks
jon

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
That should be the right connection and it will power the phone. Make sure ground is good to dash and you have a hot wire to the stud.
JR:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks jr, does anyone have apic of how the wire should be hooked up to the stud?

also the ground your talking about, is it just the body of the lighter to the dash or is there another wire somewhere.....

thanks
jon

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the ground is just the body of the lighter housing to the dash....

when I eventually get around to it, I'm going to install a charger port inside my glove box...stock lighters always scare me....

·
Super Moderator
9,799 Posts
The original setup is just a single red wire with a black plastic connector on the end. That plugs onto the stud at the back of the lighter socket, and (as mentioned already) the body of the socket contacting the dashboard is the ground connection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts