Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after finding a plug for the back of the cig lighter housing i still couldn't get power out of the front side. so it's remove the socket an give it a clean. thats tight back at that cig lighter socket. i had to drop the park brake bracket for room an remove the slider for the ash tray. so i could see behind to the socket. now i can see it, an after a few deep well sockets i find that a 1 '' deep 12 point works perfect. so after a good cleaning i now have 12 v to the front. cleaned the lighter with scotch bite an looks good. so i push the lighter in an 35 seconds it pops back red enough to light a cig. not bad for 54 year old GM parts. there is a 7.5 amp fuse an number 12 wire. but i can't get my cell phone charger to get power. i guess modern stuff don't work with old stuff.
a small victory for me today.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just did one today tight mutha anywho you don't have to take the parking brake loose just take out the ashtray and track which holds 3 screws and if the barrell is tight, go through the ashtray hole with a small chisel and hammer to smack loose the barrell.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i didn't have to use a chisel an was glad for that. that 1 inch deep well socket was a perfect fit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts