Chevy Nova Forum banner
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

· Registered
1966 Nova- undergoing rebuild currently with healthy LQ4/200 4R and CBR modular front suspension
83 Posts
I got the mod kit, ididit, headers and entropy radiator from them. All great looking parts. Talk to Chuck on that wait time though, hopefully they've caught up, but I waited around 20 weeks for mine.

The jet-hot coating probably isn't needed, but it will definitely cut the under hood temps way down. I had a set done on a C5 vette and the difference between mine and another car was very noticeable! I'll do the same with the ones I got for the Nova too.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
When I spoke with him he said 12-14 weeks build time. He mentioned his welder had been out sick. I’m in no hurry as I’m an accountant and tax season is about a month out. I’ll be pretty busy so it will be late April before I have time for it. I’m on the fence on the coating. He pretty much said it was a waste of money, but I know a coating can cool things down. I’m thinking I’ll get them in and see how I feel about it after some driving. If I need to I can pull them and send them out.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That’s ok. Im going to run them and if I change my mind I’ll bite the bullet.
What do you all think about thE below booster and master? I want power brakes and this looks like it fits the bill.

· Registered
1,484 Posts
When I got my headers from CBR I bought the non-coated version. Then sent them to Jet-Hot for their ceramic coating. If I had to do again I would check to see if they could have been sent to Jet-Hot first and then to me, would have saved one of the shipping charges. At today's shipping coast that could be worth looking into.

My headers have couple thousand miles on them and still look Great. FYI contact I dealt with is Brian Richardson 800-432-3379
Approximately what does it cost for ceramic coating? Sounds like a good option. Edit: Nevermind I saw price in conversation😂

· Registered
2,576 Posts
Called Chuck today and bought the 1 7/8 headers along with the Ricks tank and a set of rear Viking shocks. Real cool guy and he was happy to answer all my questions.
The ls3 had the upgraded cam to make it 495 hp. I’m not sure the exact specs on it but it’s their crate engine that is sold at summit etc.
I told him I am considering the rear mini tub and 4 link in the future and he said I could ship the car to them and they would install it all. I may take them up on it when I get to that point.
I have the clutch and Bellhousing bolted up. I dial indicated parallel and concentric and was all in spec with the QuickTime Bellhousing. No offset dowls which is nice. I went with a McLeod rst twin. Seems to be a good street clutch.
Make sure to have the car tuned after you install the cam.

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Im considering doing the trunion upgrade on the ls3. Just watched a video online of the install and it looks fairly straightforward. I will have to check how to retorque them when I reinstall. I don’t know how necessary this upgrade is but I have heard the bearings can destroy the engine.

· Registered
784 Posts
Im considering doing the trunion upgrade on the ls3. Just watched a video online of the install and it looks fairly straightforward. I will have to check how to retorque them when I reinstall. I don’t know how necessary this upgrade is but I have heard the bearings can destroy the engine.
I thought only the LS7 heads had that problem. Is this something new?

· Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Just ordered the below core support. The guy was was really outgoing and knowledgeable. He said the core support is very nice and he has more in stock. He’s also planning to raise his price so if you’re in the market I would recommend picking one up now.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts