Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finishing up my suspension on my 65. I used the cpp mini kit with the church boys crossmember and chevette rack. Just put the engine back in and was going to buy some headers. I was wondering what everyone is running for headers with this set up. My motor is a 96 lt1 so basically a small block. Any help would be appreciated.

Shawn

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
how timely this post is. I was just logging in to see if there is something in the CPP Church post on which headers have been used. i am ready to put my motor back in with the same setup and it is looking like i am going to hit the DD shaft. not for sure but i think i am going to buy another set to have ready, just in case. If I can use my Doug's Headers great, return the others. If not, I will have a nice set of Doug's Tri 2-1's for sale.

cale

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
headers

I tossed around doing the sandersons but I ported the heads and changed the cam and think long tubes are a must. Another headers i was thinking about was the s&s header it says there for front rack cars.

·
Vendor
7,085 Posts
The hooker 2243 1 3/4 headers fit perfectly witn the CBR rack conversion.

http://www.nocturnaloner.net/Nova/earlynovaheaders.htm

Look at the headers pictures in the above link,notice the routing of the front tube on the Hooker 2243 headers.Any header with the tubes routed this way should work.Hedman has one and Vette Tech makes one.Be careful with hedman they make two different styles for our cars

·
Premium Member
1,572 Posts
how timely this post is. I was just logging in to see if there is something in the CPP Church post on which headers have been used. i am ready to put my motor back in with the same setup and it is looking like i am going to hit the DD shaft. not for sure but i think i am going to buy another set to have ready, just in case. If I can use my Doug's Headers great, return the others. If not, I will have a nice set of Doug's Tri 2-1's for sale.

cale
The header clearence can be effected by how far the steering sticks out from the firewall. Mine was short and I "modified" my headers. (Cheap ones) I have since extended the shaft. I am looking at the Doug's Tri-Y setup myself. See my steering shaft notes for pics of an extension.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
I have Dougs Tri Y Headers and am going to find out this weekend if they will fit or not. I will let you know.

cale

·
Vendor
4,070 Posts

Look at the headers pictures in the above link,notice the routing of the front tube on the Hooker 2243 headers.Any header with the tubes routed this way should work.Hedman has one and Vette Tech makes one.Be careful with hedman they make two different styles for our cars
These headers offer, by far, the most clearance of any.

this photo shows just how much clearance you will have.

·
Premium Member
5,820 Posts

Just remember, when I made that page, the Church Boys stuff did not exist. ;)

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
headers

Thought I would post some more on this thread. I just got the super comps 2243 on the 96 lt1, the drivers side was the easy side this go around. I have installed the church boys rack kit with cpp minirack, on the drivers side I just undid the steering from the rack and slid the headers in. Last time with a set of headmans and stock front it was a chore getting them in. The passenger side this time was the fight but there in. When my wife gets back with the camera I will post some pics, hopefully I will hear the lt1 fire up really soon.

Shawn

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
not to ruin your thread but i was going to mention talking to ''67 church'' as he is the main man about the churh boys set ups :yes: :D but it looks like he already cued in here :yes:

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Church Boys Rack with Headers?

Hey Now BoSox/Cale. Well did the Dougs Tri-Y's fit your Nova with the Church Boys System?? or Did you have to use headers from Hooker/2243's Sanderson's - Hedman - Vette Tech,?? I would like to know and I think some others that visit SNS. Respectfully, "Bill's" II

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
TRY-y's

Doug's tri-y's do not fit with the Church rack,even with a third u-joint. The Hooker super comps are a very nice fit unless one is so foolish as to use "Patriot" heads. (friends don't let friends do stupid s...) I know just exactly how big of a hammer it takes.

·
Premium Member
402 Posts
Well, I had to take a detour. Had an issue with my motor and tore all back down to figure it out. I will post when finished. Sounds like they dont fit based on plycoupes post. I still have hope with the third knuckle. I will post when I know.

cale

1 - 20 of 23 Posts