Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Should have been more specific. Which ones are used for the 2" drop??? I already understand they Vari-Shocks (Chassis Works). I've got the complete CBR on the front of my Wagon.
Starting this Spring/Summer I plan on doing some corner carving. And in doing some initial adjustments/set-up I don't like the front roll center. So I'm looking at options.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That means that there is no drop spring, e.g. 8 or 7" vs. the 9". So its actually the plate that does the drop. I've been looking for the actual coil over combination with the travel required, etc. etc. etc. Anyway.....thanx for the input. Also.....thanx Chuck.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Need to get the car a bit lower. I'm working on the front roll-center. When the term "drop shock" is used. I assumed there was a bolt-on coil over combination (shock/spring) that gave that opportunity. So that's what I've been looking for. I pretty much knew that backing off bottom spring seat to far or throwing a shorter spring on the current coil over is not the way to go because the sweet spot will be lost. But as soon as you said the top plate/shock tower is how you get the drop........ I actually felt a bit dumb and hit my self in the head and said No S#@t! Some times the answer is in front of your face. But CBR or Chassis Works Web Sites don't show that option.
Bottom line.... looking at that option, or spindles. I could care less about lowering the car for looks. Performance Handling is what I'm doing.
I'll give you a call Chuck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts